QLD’s top entrepreneurs in the running for Entrepreneur Of The Year
Ernst & Young recently announced the elite group of entrepreneurs from Queensland who are in the running to be named as this year’s Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year, including our own managing director, Grant Wechsel. Sixteen outstanding Queenslanders will join the list of 84 talented entrepreneurs from across the country nominated for this year’s awards. The nominees come from a diverse range of fields including resources, mining services, food, construction, and environmental management.
EY’s Brisbane Managing Partner, Jenny Parker said it was inspiring to see such an impressive and diverse group of candidates taking part in this year’s nominations process.
“EY has been running the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards in Australia since 2001 and the fact that, 14 years on, we are still seeing such amazing nominees coming through the program reinforces the high calibre of entrepreneurialism Queensland has on offer,” Parker said. “The kind of innovative thinking we are witnessing amongst this group of entrepreneurs is so important. Entrepreneurs make a significant contribution to Queensland’s business community – creating jobs, driving innovation and productivity, boosting the economy and inspiring others to act on opportunities.” “We congratulate all of our 2014 Northern Region nominees for being selected to take part in this year’s EY Entrepreneur Of The Year program and wish them all the best in their journey towards the national competition.”
The only truly global program of its kind, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is considered the world’s most prestigious business award, with entrepreneurs participating from more than 145 cities in over 60 countries. Each country’s program sends its overall winner to the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ awards in Monte Carlo.
The Northern Region nominees will first vie for regional honours at an award ceremony in Brisbane on 31 July. Winners will then go on to compete against winners from the other regions at the national awards, which will be held in Melbourne at the end of November. The overall Australian winner will travel to Monte Carlo next year to represent Australia at the World Entrepreneur Of The Year awards, following in the footsteps of previous Australian winners including Andrew Bassat of SEEK (2013) and Anthony Podesta of McMillan Shakespeare (2012).
Mr Wechsel stated “I am proud to be included among a list of great peers to compete for the EY Entrepreneur of the year award. I have always been focussed on innovation, doing things differently and building partnerships that delivery great results for our clients. These ideals and the entrepreneurial spirit have been the foundation for our success at One Key Resources so this award nomination is a great reflection on our business as a whole as well as my own efforts.”
The list of Northern Region nominees in the 2014 Australian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year awards program is below. Additional information, including biographies for each of the nominees and the full list of nominees from each of the regions, is also available online at ey.com/au/eoy.
Northern Region (QLD) nominees
- Joe Andon – Vuly Trampolines
- Brad Couper – simPRO Software
- Gary Crosby – Intelligent Pathways
- Carl Hartmann – Temando Pty Ltd
- Maxine Horne – Vita Group
- Llew Jury – Reload Media
- Shane Leaney – Videopro
- Tudor Marsden-Huggins – Employment Office
- Geoff Pike – General Trade Industries
- Harley Sparke – The Corporate Protection Australia Group
- Leigh Storr – BioSolar
- Grant Wechsel – One Key Resources
- John West – DGL (Aust) Pty Ltd
- Listed award – Philip St Baker – ERM Power Limited
- Social entrepreneur – Jean Madden – Street Swags
- Champion of Entrepreneurship – Tim Crommelin – Morgans
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The unique award makes a difference through the way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential, and recognises the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, EY Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognising them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 145 cities in more than 60 countries.
The Australian Entrepreneur Of The Year awards program, launched in 2001, is conducted in five regions culminating in the national awards. The program honours entrepreneurs whose ingenuity and perseverance have created and sustained successful, growing business ventures. Entrepreneur Of The Year’s primary objective is to identify, acknowledge and celebrate the outstanding contribution entrepreneurs make to the Australian business community and economy.
The Australian Entrepreneur Of The Year program now has alumni of over 1,200 entrepreneurs who have participated in the program. Since the program’s inception more than 15,000 people have attended Entrepreneur Of The Year events and award ceremonies in Australia.
- 16/09/2017 | Spotlight Piece - Meet Jean (One of One K...
- 20/04/2017 | Refer a Friend for a $100 Prepaid Credit Card...
- 30/01/2017 | FIRCROFT APPOINTS GLOBAL DIRECTOR OF MINING
- 23/11/2016 | One Key Resources Broncos Race
- 22/11/2016 | WINNERS One Key Resources "Safie" C...
- 20/09/2016 | One Key Resources Target Growth in the West
- 23/06/2016 | Pick My Team! - Winners!
- 21/06/2016 | Darren Lockyer Visits Mudgee to Attend Charit...
- 01/06/2016 | "One Key Resources Finds True Pot of Gol...
- 24/05/2016 | One Key Resources Joins Fircroft Group to Con...
- 23/05/2016 | Pick My Team!
- 03/05/2016 | Director and Ambassador Darren Lockyer interv...
- 10/03/2016 | Give a Fiver for Fiji
- 19/11/2015 | One Key Resource Broncos Race Day
- 30/10/2015 | "Wechsel Digs Deep Into The Black" ...
- 28/10/2015 | Managing Director Grant Wechsel Wins 2015 Bri...
- 26/10/2015 | Lunch with a Legend - Darren Lockyer at the S...
- 07/10/2015 | Work Safe for the Moments That Matter !
- 11/09/2015 | One Key Resources in Coalface Magazine
- 06/08/2015 | One Key Resources expands with NSW acquisitio...
- 03/08/2015 | 1 Million Hours LTI Free!
- 10/05/2015 | One Key Larrakia featured in Australian Minin...
- 21/04/2015 | One Key Larrakia Official Launch
- 06/03/2015 | One Key Larrakia featured in the Brisbane Bus...
- 05/03/2015 | One Key Larrakia in the Northern Territory Ne...
- 13/02/2015 | One Key Larrakia
- 01/12/2014 | One Key Resources featured in FOGS Queensland...
- 04/11/2014 | EM&J Global Business Report on Papua New Guin...
- 27/10/2014 | PwC Cool Night Classic 2014
- 22/07/2014 | Safety Focus
- 22/07/2014 | One People: New Starters at Middlemount Coal
- 18/07/2014 | Joint Venture Partnership with Wedgetail Larr...
- 20/06/2014 | CEOs Hit Streets For Homeless
- 16/06/2014 | One People: Partnering with Shamrock Civil
- 16/06/2014 | Your High Risk Work License
- 16/06/2014 | Safety Focus
- 04/06/2014 | Directors Grant Wechsel and Darren Lockyer at...
- 28/05/2014 | QLD’s top entrepreneurs in the running for En...
- 21/03/2014 | One People: A Strong Start to the Year
- 16/01/2014 | Brisbane's Top Young Entrepreneur List 2013